Monday, August 23, 2010

Sew Exciting

caywood- My parents, in their infinite thoughtfulness and with characteristic encouragement of my hobbies and interests, gave me a sewing machine for my birthday! Yay for turning 40!

Allegra, beloved friend, sewing expert, and recent Caywood visitor, provided the project management expertise and oversight needed to help me complete my first project on my cute, pink-and-white machine: curtains for the cabinets in the kitchen.

Allegra did all the hard stuff-- measuring, matching the patterns to each other, ironing, pinning, figuring out how the automatic needle threader works, advising the novice sewer...





... while I pretty much just focused on pushing down the foot pedal and not running over my fingers. I'd post more pictures here, but am experiencing Shutterfly download/upload fatigue.

Mom and Dad, I hereby dedicate these curtains to you!

1 comment:

  1. Manny would love these & Laura would be proud!

    Next challenge: canning!

    ReplyDelete