Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Biscuit v. Bacon

caywood-- Bella saw me fumbling around with a chicken carcass in the kitchen the other day, and came over to be ready in case I dropped it on the floor.

Given that a) the carcass was a key component of this week's meal plan, b) I wasn't being successful extracting any leftover meat from the bone, and c) chicken bones are BAD for dogs, there was no chicken-flavored treat in the stars for Bella. A doggy biscuit was offered in consolation. She took it politely, then set it on the floor and laid down about 6 feet away from it. You don't have to be an animal communicator to know she was thinking, "If I were at Grandma and Pap Pap's house, I'd be chewing on a piece of bacon right now."

The biscuit stayed there the rest of the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment